Conceived by Danny Abosch and Joshua Borths
Music, Lyrics, and Orchestrations by Danny Abosch
Book by Joshua Borths
PLACEBO tells the story of Robert Wilson and his brother Blake, who persuade their town to purchase what they claim to be a miracle pill, invented by their late father, the scientist Dr. Wilson. The pill is actually a placebo made of nothing but sugar, but the town, believing it to be real, becomes carried away with the 'miracles' that the pill is reportedly responsible for. Robert and Blake's plan is wildly successful...but at what cost? PLACEBO is a story about dreams, and questions the idea of reality in a world where what isn't 'real' often appears more promising.
Placebo the Musical Lyrics
2. The Man Who Made Our Dreams Come True
3. So Much Left To Say
4. One Foot On The Ground
5. Give Them A Taste
6. All In How You Look At The Truth
7. Give Them A Taste (Reprise)
8. If We Never
9. Ignorance Is Bliss
10. Everything You've Ever Dreamed Of
12. How Did We Ever Live Without It?
13. Isn't It Miraculous?
15. Never Anything At All
16. Isn't It Miraculous? (Reprise)
17. Fighting Silverville's Crime
18. Disturbing The Peace
19. Letting You Go